Austin Ray Carey, DMD
Meet Dr. Carey
Dr. Austin Carey is a specialist in oral and maxillofacial surgery. He is a board-eligible candidate for the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. A native Kentuckian, Dr. Carey was raised in the city of Bardstown and attended St. Joseph and Bethlehem Catholic Schools. After high school, Dr. Carey completed his undergraduate work and dental degree at the University of Louisville. In addition to his studies in anatomy, physiology, histology, prosthodontics and operative dentistry, Dr. Carey also took on many active leadership roles including Vice President of his dental class and ASDA Chapter President.
He recently completed his four year oral and maxillofacial surgery and anesthesia training at Boston University. During his time in Massachusetts, Dr. Carey developed an interest in treating a wide range of facial trauma, orthognathic surgery, dentoalveolar surgery, anesthesia, benign and malignant head and neck pathology, temporomandibular joint treatment, dental implants and bone augmentation.
Dr. Carey strongly cares for his patients and he is excited to work in a community he has called home for most of his life. Together with an excellent staff and skilled doctors, this practice is looking forward to building strong relationships and providing excellent clinical care.
- Undergraduate Education: University of Louisville
- Dental Degree DMD: University of Louisville
- OMFS Residency: Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons – Board Eligible
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Kentucky Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Louisville Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Kentucky Dental Association
Hospital Staff Appointments
- Baptist Hospital East
- Flaget Memorial Hospital